Distressed debt acquisition
- Acquire first-lien, secured debt of distressed companies.
- Perform extensive hand-on due diligence on operations and management and engage directly and actively with senior management.
- Often acquire debt post Chapter 11 filing as business plan is being developed and outcome begins to come into view.
Investing “against” public company stocks backed by commercial real estate
- Acquire positions that “bet” against public companies backed primarily by commercial real estate.
- Leverage knowledge of commercial real estate and broker and owner relationships to identify and invest in target companies.
- Leverage restructuring relationships to identify targets.
- Perform extensive due diligence on target companies by evaluating public SEC filings and compare to commercial real estate market research.
Direct acquisition of real estate
- Leverage longstanding broker and owner relationships to access “proprietary” deal-flow.
- Leverage restructuring community relationships.
- Carefully acquire individual or portfolios of assets out of bankrupt companies.
Direct enterprise acquisition of companies backed primarily by real estate
- Opportunistic acquisition of operating business backed primarily by real estate and particularly commercial or industrial.
- Opportunities exist to acquire an operating company out of bankruptcy.
- Provides opportunity to acquire at “liquidation value.”
Asset management to maximize investments
- Develop exit and sales strategies for Companies in need of selling an asset.
- Oversight and management of assets.
- Oversee operational management.
- Oversee budgets, financial cash flow, and cash management.
- Business plan creation and implementation.
- Oversee 3rd party negotiations for contracts and consultants.
- Legal counsel liaison and management.
- Marketing and sales of property.